Thursday 23 August 2012

Assignment 2 - 200 words about the model


For this assignment, rather than try to refine my previous digital model I decided to start from scratch. I also did this so that I could incorporate a new concept I discovered while further analysing the Capital Hill Residence by Zaha Hadid.

My digital model follows the concepts of symmetry, illusion and the repeated use of a single shape (through vertical and horizontal stacking). The base shape was eventually changed to interlock with itself so the stacking would be easier to achieve.

I tried to maintain at least 3 axis of symmetry. When viewed from the top/left/back angles, the digital model is symmetrical, however when viewed as an axonometric the façade of the model changes immensely.
I tried to mirror Zaha Hadid’s Capital Hill Residence concepts and ideas whilst keeping my own original form.

The idea of using augmented reality struck me as quite interesting as it creates a new medium for people to see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment